Montgomery County Car Accident Lawyers
No one wakes up and expects to have a car accident that day. However, car crashes are one of the leading causes of personal injury in Maryland. These accidents occur for many reasons, including poor weather conditions, defective vehicles, and sudden changes in traffic. One of the most frustrating causes of a car crash is when another driver intentionally drives recklessly or disobeys traffic laws.
When you are in a car accident, you might be lucky enough to walk away, or you could face catastrophic injuries that affect your everyday life, such as loss of a limb or blindness. Some car accident victims even lose their lives, resulting in a devastating loss for their families.
If a negligent driver caused an accident that has affected you or your loved one, the liable party should answer for their negligence. Innocent victims deserve help paying for the medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses that result from the lack of care demonstrated by the at-fault individual. Bringing a lawsuit isn’t about revenge. It is about getting the help you need in a situation you didn’t expect to experience.
When it comes to collecting total compensation for property damage, serious injuries, and other pain and suffering, you probably can’t rely on the other party’s insurance company to offer a fair settlement. The best way to get the compensation you deserve is by hiring excellent legal representation to bring a claim because of your car wreck. You can find the legal counsel and representation you need at Tehrani Law, LLC.
When it comes to helping clients collect economic compensation and non-economic damages, our car accident attorneys are prepared to do what it takes to get the results you need. We understand how it feels to have medical bills climb higher and higher without the means to pay for it all. We promise to use our knowledge and skill to help you make a full financial recovery. Call today to schedule a free consultation and see how we can help you at 301-939-0133.
What Are Some Common Causes of Car Accidents in Montgomery County?
Motorists and passengers are injured in car accidents every day in Montgomery County. These crashes happen for various reasons, including distracted driving, driver negligence, drunk driving, and poor weather conditions.
Distracted driving is among the leading causes of car wrecks in Maryland. Most people understand that using a cell phone or driving while eating is dangerous. However, thousands of people engage in this risky behavior every day. Driving while distracted reduces the driver’s reaction time, preventing them from being able to stop or swerve safely to avoid an accident.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Receive After a Distracted Driving Accident?
Generally, any expenses you had to pay as a direct result of the accident are recoverable. While the exact amount of compensation you can receive depends on your unique circumstances, there are some common things victims request compensation for.
You may be able to pursue compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
What Should You Do After a Distracted Driving Accident?
After a car accident, it is easy to go into a state of shock. However, taking the right steps immediately after your car accident can help you receive fair compensation later.
If you’ve been in a distracted driving accident, take the following steps:
- Call emergency services if you or your passengers are severely injured. Make a police report when a police officer arrives, but do not admit fault.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver. Get their name, phone number, license number, and insurance company.
- Get the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Take photos and videos of any damage caused, including your car, the other car, and any injuries.
- Tell your insurance company about the accident.
- Contact a Maryland distracted driving accident lawyer to begin building your case.
- Avoid speaking to the other driver’s insurance agent without legal representation.
The sooner you reach out to a distracted driving accident lawyer, the stronger your case will be. It can be challenging to prove that the other driver was texting, talking, or eating while driving. However, our experienced team can assist you by gathering evidence to bolster your case and help you in recovering compensation.
Driver negligence includes driving recklessly, speeding, and failing to obey traffic laws. This behavior can lead to an auto accident, and the reckless driver could be held liable in a car accident claim. Some other examples include:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Stopping suddenly in the flow of traffic
- Running red lights
- Not obeying traffic signals
- Exceeding the speed limit
Driving While Intoxicated
Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol seriously impairs a driver’s ability to make crucial decisions. Accidents involving a drunk driver are often fatal and may result in punitive charges for the at-fault driver.
Poor weather conditions
It may seem that when poor weather conditions cause an automobile accident, neither driver should be held liable. However, it is possible to hold a driver responsible if they were not driving carefully in adverse weather. For example, when roadways are wet or slick with snow, drivers are required to slow down for the safety of everyone on the road. A car accident victim injured by a driver speeding on wet roads can often bring a successful claim against the other party.
What Injuries are Caused by Car Crashes?
Motor vehicle accidents come in various forms, such as T-bone crashes or head-on collisions. These wrecks are among the most serious, causing severe injuries for motorists and passengers. Other minor accidents, such as sideswipe accidents and rear-end collisions, can still result in painful whiplash and burns.
Some common injuries that occur in Montgomery County auto accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – These injuries include contusions, lacerations, and concussions that involve the brain. Brain injuries may impair a person’s ability to learn and perform everyday functions. Head trauma may also lead to emotional and mood disorders.
- Broken bones – Bone fractures commonly occur in severe car accidents. Healing from a bone fracture can prevent you from returning to work and enjoying your life. Broken bones may also require expensive medical treatment, such as surgeries.
- Spinal cord injuries – Among the most serious bone injuries are those involving the spine. Even if the bones are not broken, a victim can go through a great deal of pain from pinched nerves and other spinal cord issues following a collision. Some spinal cord injuries may result in paralysis.
- Burns – If the auto accident involved the vehicle catching fire, victims might receive severe burns that lead to a long, painful recovery. Some burns cause disfigurement that can be extremely difficult to overcome.
- Whiplash – Even in minor car accidents, whiplash injuries can cause much pain and suffering. Whiplash occurs when the neck moves back and forth too quickly for the neck to support the movement. This strains the neck and shoulder muscles, making it painful for the victim to move or turn their head for weeks or even months.
- Death – In the most severe car accidents, some victims lose their lives. This devastating experience robs a family of their loved one and can cause financial hardship if the victim provided for the family.
When you or your family are suffering from injuries caused by a negligent driver, you may feel frustrated and confused about what to do. But you don’t need to go through this alone. You can turn to our experienced traffic accident attorneys for support as you seek justice.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover in My Car Accident Case?
Filing an insurance claim may seem like the route to go when trying to recover damages from an auto accident. However, chances are that the insurance provider will not compensate you sufficiently for all of the medical expenses and lost income following your accident. Furthermore, a lawsuit can help you recover non-economic damages such as emotional trauma, pain, and suffering.
While we can’t say exactly how much your case is worth without an in-person consultation, you can expect to collect the following for your legal claim:
- Past and future expenses for medical care, such as doctor’s visits, specialist costs, hospital bills, ambulance charges, medical equipment, and more
- Past and future lost wages, income, salaries, vacation, and bonuses
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation expenses
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of consortium if the accident victim was your spouse
- Wrongful death if the victim passes away
In many accidents, the at-fault party is an uninsured driver, making collecting damages that cover your expenses nearly impossible. This is also true in hit-and-run crashes. Even if the driver had insurance, the insurer would likely not consider many of the costs that result from the wreck in their car accident settlement. You should consider hiring an attorney to get maximum compensation after a car crash.
Why Should I Hire a Traffic Accident Lawyer?
Traffic accident attorneys work with clients who have experienced many types of car accidents. These may include major wrecks such as collisions with a commercial vehicle or head-on collisions. Car accident lawyers also know how to handle cases involving minor accidents that still cause a great deal of pain, from whiplash to traumatic brain injuries that require a long recovery.
When you hire a law firm specializing in traffic accidents, you can rest assured that your attorney will work with insurance companies and the court to get you the best deal possible as you recover from your injuries. Personal injury attorneys like those at Tehrani Law, LLC will offer emotional support and handle the complex legal procedures necessary so you can focus on resting and recovering.
Call Our Montgomery County Car Accident Lawyers Today!
At Tehrani Law, LLC, we have spent nearly two decades helping clients like you recover financially from car accidents. We understand how frustrating it is to deal with injuries from an accident due to another driver’s negligence. We promise to use our knowledge, skill, and honesty to fight for you and get you the maximum compensation possible.
Don’t go it alone when seeking justice for your injuries. Call us right away to discuss your unique case and see the difference experienced, talented attorneys can make. Call our law offices now at 301-939-0133.